KaffeeHouse ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
About this policy
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It applies to all products, services and websites (together “Services”) operated by us and its purpose is to outline how we deal with personal information provided by you to us. It sets out in particular how we comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 (the “Acts”) and all other applicable laws.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you when you visit our website, www.KaffeeHouse.com (our “Site”), or register for our Services:
- Basic customer information such as your name, e-mail address, the date, username, and user interests, language, region, sub-genre, gender, date of birth and time of your visit to our Site;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, your IP address traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the content that you access on our Site;
- Details about content you submit to our site including but not limited to your personal preferences, interests, characteristics, skills and abilities. • Any other information, videos and images that you chose to send to us.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site or our Service. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
|Persistent||PHPSESSID||This cookie enables websites to store serialised state data.|
|Session||bp-activity-oldestpage||This cookie is used to remember which page a user has visited.|
|Session||_ga||This cookie is used by Google to calculate user, session, and campaign data. Expires Sunday 5 February 2017.|
|Session||Google Analytics _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
|These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
How do I turn off cookies?
Your browser settings will automatically allow cookies to be accepted. Should you wish to switch off this feature, you can do so by visiting the “options” or “preferences” setting on your browser. Should you wish to switch off third-party advertising cookies, you can turn these off by visiting the Internet Advertising Bureau's consumer advice site here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Where we store your personal data?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and note that all data transferred over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transferred over the internet.
Uses made of the information
Your personal information will be processed by us when you register or access our Site. We also collect information about your preferences and interests (including your usage of the website). We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- Manage your registration and use of the Site and Services;
- Improve and augment the Services we provide to you;
- Develop new services and audit, research and analyse our current Service;
- Serve you with content, including targeted advertising and location related advertising and services;
- Improve our understanding of your use of the Site and Services;
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
Sharing your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including our subsidiaries:
- To verify the accuracy of your personal information.
- With our business partners, including third party publishing houses, advertisers, sponsors or for marketing or PR.
- With third parties as may be required to process payment transactions by you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If KaffeeHouse or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of KaffeeHouse, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site and Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10 euro to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Individuals under 13
Our Site is a general audience Site and we do not intentionally or knowingly process personal information from individuals under the age of 13. When necessary, underage users will be told not to submit any personal details and we will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
Last Updated 23rd of February 2015.